5 ways to live longer
5 ways to live longer…In Good health magazine May 2016, an article discussing Dr Sanjiv Chopra’s new book “the big 5”, explains how drinking coffee, keeping up Vitamin D levels, exercising, eating nuts and meditating are key to greater longevity and vitality.
1. Dr Chopra, professor of medicine and brother of alternative health practitioner Deepak Chopra, describes how coffee drinkers May have a lower risk of many types of cancer, Type II diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and experience a slower cognitive decline. However he does specify that it should be two a day, and black coffee to avoid any unnecessary sugar or calories or sugar, and that it may not be for everyone as coffee can aggravate heartburn, irritable bowel and some people can find it produces insomnia.
2. We know that regular physical activity can reduce the risk of premature death, assist weight control, lower cardiovascular, cancer, osteoporosis, stroke and diabetes risk, slow decline in cognitive function and reduce the risk of developing depression.
3. He describes nuts as a a powerhouse of nutrition recommends adding them to your morning cereal or eating a handful half hour prior to big meals to curb your appetite.
4. Meditation is put forward as a way to make you feel more calm, focused and creative as well as potentially improving blood pressure.
5. Vitamin D is discussed as being supportive of the immune system and its ability to help strengthen muscles and bones.
GoodHealth magazine May 2016
The Big 5Back to Blog Home